I started writing in a personal diary 3 years ago when I was unable to stop overthinking and focus on my tasks/daily life . Seeing that I have interesting ideas and getting excited to share them, I imagined myself writing a book someday. No one goes from a diary to publishing a book, so I started writing on my computer with the hope of taking it forward into a blog. I have been writing in my computer from the past 2 years and finally started this blog right here.
Another reason why this blog is special to me is because previously whenever I had to write essays, stories or opinions, (as for applications) there was always either a word limit, or the compulsion to use euphemisms. There was always a teacher or some authority figure judging what I was writing. However, on my blog I wish to write freely, without worrying about how an authority figure may grade me or think of my views.
The following are the reasons I write/blog:
- Catharsis: Often I’m unable to express certain feelings because I think no one can understand them, hence this blog is to get rid of emotional blockages through expression.
- Self awareness/regulation: I often misunderstand my own self and hence writing can help me gain insight into my own self, strengths, lessons so I don’t end up repeating my past mistakes and be my best self in the present.
- Personal growth and preserving my wisdom: To transform, grow and change through introspection. To reach my highest potential step by step and empower myself. To tap into the vibes of attracting all my desires. I have always been passionate about transformation and reflection, and here I can overtly do the same. After my first transformation, I gave myself a few “talismans” (used in the Gandhian sense- things that can make one happy) to apply when/ if I was ever upset in the future. These were valuable realizations. However due to lack of accurate recollection, I often fail at using them. So by writing, I am recording and putting down my present day-to-day struggles and how I deal with them and in the process helping the future me decide what to do when in trouble by looking back at my past and perhaps finding answers.
- Help others: Reach out to people who’ve had similar issues as I. Helping them deal with such issues through personal growth recipes that I share here. It is a way to channelize my empathy and not keep my new life skills/realizations to myself.
- Purposefulness and Inspiring change: To make others think of things they haven’t before, and hopefully, change their attitude about such ideas. I think deeply about issues in culture and society and sharing those insights and opinions here would be a nice way to enter the conversation.
- Meeting like minded people: I often don’t find very like- minded people in my environment and through the blog, I can reach out to people with a similar perspective and thinking, thereby finding my tribe.
- Preserving my good memories: I love thinking about my good experiences in the past to have gratitude for them, rejoice and reminisce them. Here, I can record them and share them with the world!
- Fix my dilemmas: As I ponder over what’s right and wrong, what should be done in a particular situation, I can write about my choices and issues here to make sound decisions for myself.
I would also like to point out that I don’t write for the love of the English language or because I’m a grammar nazi. I write because I like to think and express. Therefore when I get compliments, I’m looking for a “you think so well!”, rather than a “you write so well!”.