Often, we end up keeping rules for ourselves that we can’t end up following. In such cases, it is important to introspect the following to make sure we’re not living someone else’s destiny and being our true selves-
- They should be congruent/consistent with the individual’s beliefs and values. They shouldn’t be contradictory to what he/she truly believes in.
- They should match his/her tastes and preferences.
- They should help the individual achieve his/her goal.
- They should be easily adjusted in his/her lifestyle, otherwise they won’t sustain for long and there will be a burn out very soon.
- They should be flexible and mould to suit situations. They shouldn’t be extreme and rigid, otherwise they’re no fun to have.